Stanley CX Runabout
Steam Test Exp:
On behalf of the owners we are pleased to offer for sale this stunning 1903 Stanley Model C Steam car.
The Stanley carries chassis number 507 and engine number 1200 which is a 6.5hp. When last registered in the USA it was owned by the famous Art Hart. It was imported to the UK in 2008 and underwent full ground up restoration which was eventually completed in 2015, along with more recent work, works included:
- A new Wire wrapped boiler built by Bourdon boilers in America
- Complete engine rebuild by J.R Goulds
- Rebuilt pressure valves also be Goulds.
- Drain valve modification to improve driving performance
- New pressure tanks (primer and fuel pressure) supplied by Vintage steam of America
- Dual fuel system fitted, petrol or hexane primer burner and Kerosene/Petrol main burner
- All new pipework to the original design and layout
The car is presented in excellent condition and wants for nothing, it has been regularly inspected by SFP Inspection of Arundel and comes with full documented boiler history.
To participate in the London to Brighton run the car will need an inspection and dating certificate from the Veteran Car Club, an extensive history file is included to support this and the companies involved in its restoration feel its a very good example.
The owner is looking to replace the car with a 2 or 3 speed traction engine. As always we are pleased to help with part exchange and finance can also be arranged through our specialist partner Classic and Sports Finance.
For any further information or to arrange a viewing please do not hesitate to contact us.
Important Note: We recommend when purchasing any steam vehicle to employ the services of your own boiler inspector for independent advice and not solely rely on previous test reports.